Thursday, September 23, 2010

La Laguna Alalay

Another great spot in Cochabamba is the lagoon. It has a very nice walking trail that goes all the way around it.

I was amazed by the hills surrounding the trail - the houses were literally built on top of each other. They also looked much more basic than the house in which I am living.

A number of cholitos were taking their lunch breaks. Many of them work for the local government, cleaning up the city and gardening. The Laguna is a nature preserve, so I'm guessing that these men and women were working the land. 



I was also impressed with the ability many of them had to nap - this man on a boat, and others on the ground or sidewalk!

 Can you spot the Cristo?
This is what a driving range looks like in Bolivia. Please note the tires!


While walking, I was met by these horses. They were just out roaming free! There were also a couple women tending their sheep at the side of the lagoon. 

Well, that's all for now. This weekend I am heading to the Salar - the largest Salt Flat in the world! I'm sure I will have fabulous stories to post, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment